In the initial years of the school, the Ravenshaw Junior College also used to function from the same campus until Ravenshaw College (now Ravenshaw University) was established.
A new building was constructed in 1905, and the school is still operating from this heritage building.
Upon successful completion, students are given NCC 'A' Certificates.
In recent times the Pani-Kakharu (White Pumpkin) sacrifice replaced animal sacrifice in various parts of the state.The puja rituals are long and very detailed and complicated.Three days of Mantras and Shlokas and Arati and offerings - needs an expert priest to do this kind of Puja.This is also the first institution of Odisha at this much large scale The current building in which the school operates was established in the year 1905.Before 1905 the school operated from adjacent buildings of the Odisha Bar Council. 4 Crores for the school development but later on it was scrapped due to some unknown reasons.